This plant was to be remodeled from an existing plant that had garage door remote openers liftmaster down earlier there in the same town as the cab assembly plant. I was in the first 50 people to go to the new plant, which was still under construction, and we spent our first three weeks following the construction crews around cleaning up their mess. You could have eaten off the floors it was so clean, and we were bored almost to tears. We also had some training sessions to teach us how to use the computer system that they had there.
The company bought some used storage racks to be set up in the warehouse, and they required a considerable amount of welding to repair them. I then became a storage rack garage door remote openers liftmaster it sure beat pushing a broom. The truck we were to build was the WG designed to replace the GM Brigadier series, which was a plain-Jane day cab with minimal horsepower and options aimed at fleet sales. It was an easy truck to start out building. My department was the frame line.
The first set of frame rails arrived before some of the equipment did, which was going to be used to machine some of the holes in the frame rails. Engineering came out, and together we did a layout and burned a hole in one of the frame rails with a cutting torch, then ground it nicely for the steering box to fit through. Unfortunately about an garage door remote openers liftmaster later Engineering came back out and informed us that the hole was in the wrong place, and it would have to be plugged and moved, because we only had one set of frame rails. And the plug had to be undetectable. So I went to work cutting out a plug, beveling the edges, welding it throughout, grinding the entire area, texturing the area repaired and then painting it.