I had the wheels and various brackets shot-blasted, then sprayed these parts with wash primer. This was essential as its surprising how quickly metal will rust once its been shot-blasted. garage door opener 29 I applied a coat of high build primer, then prepped and painted them with two-pack paint.
The axle took a fair bit of cleaning up but looks good now its finished in gloss black. The internals looked as though theyd done hardly any work so I replaced the pinion seal and rear gasket and left it at that. I will replace the rear wheel bearings when I refurb the brakes and refit the hubs. The Transit is already fitted with heavy-duty leaf springs so I replaced the bushes in these, cleaned them up with a soft pad on the grinder and garage door opener 29 them with red lead and two-pack paint. The shock absorbers were also in good order so I cleaned these up and painted them red, before refitting them using new rubber bushes.
Everything was reassembled and I then treated myself to six new tyres, but I wont mention how much they were on the off-chance a certain someone might read this! Now that the rear end is back together, the next job is repairing the various holes in the cab. Back out with the grinding discs and welder! Richard Lofting takes us through the proc of rebuilding engine water pumps. A rebuilt water pump, in this case on a Ferguson diesel tractor, garage door opener 29 with a new seal and bearings, ready for the engine to be refitted to the tractor. The water pump as taken from a P3 144 Perkins engine, as fitted to the Fordson Dexta. The same engine was also fitted to some Trojan vans.