This new model incorporated improvements, including an increase in the headroom by three inches and an extra six inches on the internal width. Looking rather worse-for-wear, a garage door remote gt90 1 of Lomas-bodied Morris-Commercial LC5s of Newcastle upon Tyne Corporation, pictured outside the city's East End Depot, a converted ice cream factory. There were not many ambulance services that did not, at one time, operate at least one ambulance on the popular post-war Morris-Commercial chassis and the model could be seen the length and breadth of the country, including the whole of Scotland, where the nationalised ambulance service operated hundreds of Morris-Commercial ambulances, all bodied by local coachbuilders.
The normal control aspect and smart design made them good-looking, purposeful vehicles, and they gave good service, until they were replaced in time, increasingly by the introduction of the forward control Morris LD and FG chassis, which became equally popular for ambulance work. Not a Morris-Commercial, as it first appears, but an Austin 301 of Northumberland County Council Ambulance Service, based at the garage door remote gt90 1 Prudhoe depot, on the south bank of the River Tyne. The Coopers Classic Collection AUCTION Saturday 23rd April 30am East of England Showground, Oundle Rd, Alwalton, Peterborough PE2 6XE 200 Classic cars and trucks from one private collection. Protruck Auctions are proud to have been appointed by Mr and Mrs Cooper to offer their collection of Classic and Historic Vehicles by auction.
Allan Bedford looks at the role which road transport played in the growth of the Royal Arsenal Co-operative Society in peace and war. This first part takes us up to the end of world War II. Woolwich, on the South Bank of the Thames, has formed part of the London Borough of Greenwich since 1 Some 97 years before that administrative change, the town saw the birth of a once mighty Co-operative Society, which grew and grew, until it faded away quietly 117 years later, in 1 The Royal Arsenal Co-operative Society was established in November 1868, 24 years after the founding pioneers in Rochdale, at the instigation of William Rose, a member of the Amalgamated Society of Engineers, who was employed in the Tool Room of the Shell Foundry in the massive Arsenal. At its inaugural meeting, 20 members enrolled and contributed ?4 1ls in subscriptions, to establish 'The Royal Arsenal Supply Association; which became the Royal Arsenal Co-operative Society in 1 Woolwich had up to that period played a significant role in the defence of the realm, thanks to the establishment of the dockyard where some of Henry VIl's warships were built and the establishment of the Royal Arsenal 'by 1700'. The Society’s first powered road garage door remote gt90 1 was the 5 ton Maidstone-built Jesse Ellis steam wagon, built in 1903 and registered A 78 in London, in January 190 AH pictures from the Allan Bedford Collection, unless otherwise stated Ironically, with a change of Government in 1869 and the MP for the neighbouring Greenwich Division, one Mr William Gladstone, being appointed Prime Minister, replacing Benjamin Disraeli, cutbacks led to the closure of the dockyard and reductions in manpower at the Arsenal.